In view of the serious shortage of specialist doctors in Italy and the wide discrepancy between doctors who have graduated and the places available at specialist schools (training funnel). In view of the gradual increase in the number of aspiring specialist doctors in the light of the new qualification procedures in force throughout the country.
The National Council of University Students passed a motion on the training funnel calling for:
- a structural reform in relation to the organisation of the competition; aimed at eliminating the training funnel, with a ratio between grants awarded and candidates of 1:1, as soon as possible;
- to provide, as soon as possible, for the official communication of the date on which the competitive examination for the Schools of Specialisation in the Medical Area will be held, for the academic year 2019/2020, in order to allow adequate preparation for all the doctors concerned;
- to guarantee the control, as well as the homogeneity of the environmental conditions in which the competition tests are held. Also by setting up large environments that ensure the presence of an adequate distance between the stations;
- that the Ministry of Universities and Research provide an adequate bibliography and a detailed syllabus; concerning the subjects of the competition, in order to minimise the element of randomness;
- to publish the official results of the previous editions, in terms of score differentiated by location and specialisation school, as well as the number of contracts abandoned after enrolment or during the duration of the specialisation schools;
- setting up a working table with the managers and technicians of the MUR, in order to reform the SSM competition procedures and to assess
- to provide for a method of sliding the ranking list and extraordinary steps that optimises the selection phase and avoids any possible dispersion of contracts;
- implementing the telematic operating system supporting the competition test to speed up the allocation and scrolling operations.